Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

T-Shirts That Entertain

Beautiful scenery, interesting people, and gorgeous weather keep me motivated on my run. But what I really look forward to seeing are the quotes on people's t-shirts. I enjoy reading people's t-shirts as much as I enjoy reading bumper stickers. Reading bumper stickers while sitting in traffic help pass the time. Reading t-shirts while running keeps me entertained.

The words on t-shirts range from inspiring to hilarious. I've compiled a list of my favorite ones to share:

FUNNY
  • I belong to a drinking club with a running problem
  • Will run for chocolate
  • Why are you chasing me?
  • Shut up and run!
  • Running is 50% physical; 49% mental; 1% insanity
  • 39.3 is the new 26.2!
  • Mile 20- I thought I was dead; Mile 22- I wished I was dead; Mile 24- I knew I was dead; Mile 26.2- I knew I had become too tough to kill
  • Running is cheaper than therapy
  • 13.1...I don't go all the way
  • Don't follow me...I'm lost
  • Running is a mental sport and we're all insane
  • The benefit of running every day is that you die healthier
  • How's my running? Call 1-800-eat-dust.
  • To catch me you gotta be good, to stay with me you gotta be fast, to pass me you gotta be kidding
  • Training for a marathon: Kill me now!
  • Runners make the best girlfriends...catch me if you can!
  • My Indian name: Runs with beer
  • Doncha wish your girlfriend could run like me
  • It's that damn .2 that really kicks your ass

CUTE
  • My mom ran 26.2 miles. What did your mom do?
  • My dad is faster than your dad
  • Someday I'll run with mommy (on t-shirt of baby in jogging stroller)

INSPIRING
  • The journey is more important than the destination
  • The woman who starts the race is not the same woman who finishes the race
  • Pain is temporary...pride is forever
  • "Dead last finish" is greater than "did not finish" which greatly trumps "did not start"
  • Live to run...Run to live
  • "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me," (Philippians 4:13)
  • You thing running a marathon is hard...try chemotherapy!

SELF-AFFIRMING
  • I run like a girl, just try to keep up
  • You wish you can run like a girl
  • I run so I can eat
  • Real athletes run, others just play games
  • Pain is weakness leaving the body
  • A half marathon is just a 5K race with a 10-mile warm-up
  • We're not pretty fast. We're pretty and we're fast.
  • If you can read this, you've already lost.
  • I may be slow but I'm ahead of you.
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because I'm faster than you.

And the picture below is my personal favorite t-shirt post. It's what my husband wore during the Nike Women's Marathon held on October 18, 2009. For those who don't know, the Nike Marathon is a popular run in S.F. because of the Tiffany Necklace they hand out at the finish. It's presented in a blue box with a white ribbon on a silver platter by tuxedo-clad men. Needless to say, my husband scored lots of points with the thousands of women out there!

So next time you are on a run, be sure to read a few t-shirts to get you motivated or to tickle your fancy. You may even want to sport one yourself for me to read.

~Happy running!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Running Girl!

    I stumbled on to your blog tonight while looking for funny running t-shirt pics for my Wed post. Your husband's pic popped up and then I ended up visiting and reading your blog... fun! Looking forward to following and I'm linking your t-shirts post. You can find it over at the Turtles blog. :-)

    ~ robin...

    ReplyDelete

I N S P I R E

Reflections. Insights. Ruminations.  
Running-girl's quest to inspire...