Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

My "Last" Marathon


I want to thank everyone for helping me raise funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and for your overwhelming support. Your contribution,
financially or prayerfully, will go a long way in saving the lives of people with cancer. This is a cause very dear to my heart. The disease is non-discriminatory so it can infect anyone, regardless of health. I'm hoping that someday we will find a cure so that we don't have to hear about another one of our family members or friends diagnosed with cancer in fear of losing them.

I started this quest 2 years ago when I ran, what I thought was going to be, my first and last marathon. Well, it turned out to be an ongoing pursuit. I just finished my fourth "last marathon" this year on July 26. I ran the San Francisco Marathon.

I've come to realize that my race isn't over yet. There is still more research to be done. And until there is a cure for cancer, I will continue to run...until my body tells me otherwise.

I want to leave you with a quote that has inspired me:
"Once you decide to invest even a small portion of the blessings God has given you into the lives of others, you'll find the seed of something powerful sown into your own soul. And someday, in the midst of giving yourself in the spirit and act of volunteerism, that seed will blossom into the amazing realization that this is what you were made for!" ~Bill Hybels (Pastor and author)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I N S P I R E

Reflections. Insights. Ruminations.  
Running-girl's quest to inspire...